Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Journey Begins...

Greetings-  
Inspired by King Bob and his 365 days of beer blog I am hoping to complete a 52 Weeks of Bourbon adventure.  Of course there may be times when multiple entries are sampled at once but there will be a minimum of a drink a week tossed back and described after (hopefully) being enjoyed.  Frankly this is my excuse to try new Bourbons (whisk(e)y or rye) and as I have the luxury (at times, pain in the arse other times) of traveling often there will be some unique entries on the list sampled from around the world.  As a baseline know that my bar is always stocked with Basil Hayden's, Jameson (for the wife), Makers Mark, Stranahan’s Colorado (my beloved home state), Tullamore Dew and Woodford Reserve.  My all-time favorites not on hand are Pappy Van Winkle 23 year Family Reserve, 20 year and 12 (the 15 is my least favorite of the PVW but still if I find it, I order it) and W.L. Weller “Centennial” 10 Year old.  As what you want to drink depends on the mood consider the above my “top 10” in no particular order; yes, I know there are 11 listed above but pay attention and you’ll see 10 are ‘mine’.  I am certain that through this journey my list will change.  I welcome any comments or suggestions.  
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment